Tile Roof Restoration
Tiles remain one of the most popular roofing material in Australia today. Tile roof restorations are common due to their popularity.
Restoring Concrete Tiles
Using concrete tiles provides a sleek, modern look to most buildings. They are strong and durable and are made to last in our harsh Australian climate. They are available in a range of colours and styles. Concrete tiles should last around 20 years and are low maintenance as they do not rust or corrode. If the roof is ever damaged then individual tiles can be replaced without replacing whole sections of roof.
Restoring Terracotta Tiles
Terracotta tiles are made from natural clay and have high colour retention and have small maintenance requirements. The tiles are long lasting and maintain their appearance with age, keeping the aesthetic appearance of your home over time. A roof with terracotta tiles typically has a lifetime of 50 years. Like concrete tiles, terracotta tiles have very low maintenance and only affected tiles need replacing when there is damage to the roof.
Tile Roof Restoration Process
- A full roof inspection is carried out and the findings are discussed with you
- Any misaligned tiles are refitted and broken tiles are replaced.
- The roof is then cleaned. Debris and dust is removed using a high pressure cleaner, along with any mould, algae or lichen. Cleaning checmicals maybe used to remove stubborn stains.
- Re-point and re-bed ridge and end capping.
- Apply coats of primer and surface sealers. Materials used will be dependant on the type of roof.
- Apply 2 separate coats of high quality tile coating, waiting for paint to dry in between coats.
- Carry out final inspection on roof.
For any tile roof restoration requirements, our team is happy to consult with you and give you our best advice. We are friendly, reliable and professional.
Contact Us Today
(02) 8310 4161